What is a metal flatback? What is a plastic medallion button? How are they different and what can you use them for? It is confusing, why do you offer both styles? What is a crimp die adapter used for? We get these questions quite frequently so we thought we would put together a quick history and tutorial for our followers. How can you tell a metal fatback button from a medallion?
- Metal flatbacks have a smooth, nicely finished metal back.
- Plastic medallions have a plastic back with a small ridge where the shell crimps around it.
- For comparison purposes, a collet back button is also shown below.
- Metal flat backs are good for gluing to rings and bracelets and can be used as tokens.
- Medallions are good for tokens, post style earrings, tie tacs and our brand new French Hook earrings.
Share this post