Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between your Beginner and Professional Systems? A: The only difference between the systems is the type of paper cutter. Our Beginner Systems include an Adjustable Rotary Cutter, while our Professional Systems include a Punch Cutter.
Q: What is the difference between an Adjustable Rotary Cutter and a Punch Cutter? A: Our Adjustable Rotary Cutter can cut circles ranging from 1.313" to 4" so you can use same Rotary Cutter with different button sized machines. From time to time, you will need to replace the Rotary Cutter's cutting wheel. Our Punch Cutters cut one size specific to your machine, but are easier to operate and never need sharpening.
Q: What do your complete button systems include? Do I need anything else? A: Our Beginner and Professional Systems include a Professional Button Machine, Paper Cutter, 250 Pin Back Buttons, and our Button Essentials design CD. All you need to supply is the paper. We also include 3 months free access to our Build-a-Button Design Center. Build-a-Button is button making software designed specifically for the button industry.
Q: Do you accept purchase orders? A: Yes, we accept purchase orders from schools and government institutions. Certain exceptions are made for large corporations.
Q: What payment methods do you accept? A: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Pay Pal along with money orders and personal checks.
Q: What type of warranty do you offer? A: We stand behind everything we sell. We offer a lifetime warranty against defects on all of our button machines.
Q: How long will it take to ship my order? A: All in-stock orders are shipped within 24-48 hours of placement. However, 99% of our orders ship the same day they are placed.
Q: Making buttons looks complicated, where do I begin? A: You have come to the right place! Our button machines have a patented two-step button making process which makes them extremely easy to operate. Our button machines require little effort to make a button. To get started you can follow our step-by-step button making tutorial, or watch our video on how to make a button. Learn more at our Button University. Need more help? Please contact us, we are happy to assist you with any questions and make recommendations for choosing the right button equipment for your application.
Q: What are your shipping costs? A: Shipping costs will be displayed on the Invoice you see before confirming your order.
Q: Do you ship outside the United States? A: Yes, we ship worldwide. The customer is responsible for any import duties and taxes. See Canada for more information.
Q: What is your Best Price Guarantee? A: We guarantee to beat any competitor's advertised price on the same button equipment or button supplies and we back it up with our lifetime warranty! Read more here: Best Price Guarantee
Q. I saw an advertisement for a button machine that had plastic interchangeable dies for making different sized buttons. Can yours do that? A: The challenge with some models that make multiple size buttons is they are not "professional grade" button machines. Their dies are made of plastic instead of solid steel like ours. If your application requires multiple sizes, we would suggest buying separate machines. The most expensive part of a button machine to manufacture are the dies, therefore different sized machines do not cost any more than a single machine that makes different sizes. Don't forget, you are only making money when your machines are running! If you have two machines, you and a friend can make two different sized buttons at the same time. With a single machine, you have to wait until you complete a job before you can switch sizes. In the unlikely event that one of our machines ever needs repair, you can still make buttons on your second machine. If something breaks on a multi-sized machine, you cannot make any buttons until the machine is fixed.
Q. Can I use photo paper with your 3" and 3 1/2" Paper / Photo button machines? For example, can I use photographic material that comes from a photo lab? A. Yes! The Model 300 Photo Button Machine and Model 350 Photo Button Machine are the only machines on the market that can make buttons using regular computer type paper or heavier photo paper.
Q: You mention that your "industry standard" button making supplies are not for use with Badge-a-Minit machines. What does that mean? A: We place a disclaimer on our website as a courtesy for our Badge-a-Minit customers. All of our button making machines use industry standard button making supplies. Badge-a-Minit is a different button manufacturer that chooses to makes their parts slightly larger than the "industry standard" so their parts will not work in "industry standard" sized machines. To avoid confusion, if you have a Badge a Minit machine, you have to use Badge-a-Minit sized parts. We sell special sized BAM Supplies that are Certified and Guaranteed to work in BadgeaMinit button machines. Follow this link to purchase our Badge-a-Minit sized button supplies.
Q. What makes your products better than your competition? A. There are many reasons why we believe are machines are the best, we have listed a few below:
- Patented two-step button making process makes a button in less than 5 seconds!
- You can easily make several hundred buttons in an hour.
- Our machine has a low center of gravity and wide base, versus a tall tower or small based system that could possibly tip over.
- Our button maker's low center of gravity lets you make more buttons because you do not have to "stretch" to reach the handle.
- Dies easily rotate around a center pivot which increases production. Requires less energy to produce buttons, no pushing and pulling dies back and forth.
- Our machines are made from steel, not from plastic or composite material. Our button makers are rugged and dependable. That is how we can offer our Lifetime Warranty against defects.
- We believe our supplies to be the best quality available. Do you have a machine that eats more buttons than it makes? Our tight manufacturing tolerances lead to less scrap. This leaves more money in your pocket to market your product or buy more parts.
- Adjustable Rotary Cutters are made of steel, not plastic.
- We do not stamp our name on our button parts, so you never have to worry about your customers calling us for supplies.
- Our Mounted Button Making Systems provide an excellent way to keep everything together in a portable and sturdy system. Need to make buttons on-site? A mounted button maker is a great solution!
- American Button Machines Best Price Guarantee: We do continuous market analysis so you don't have to.
- No compression rings or springs to wear out, fall off, or misalign.
- Need accessories? We got' em! Our Model 225 Button Machine makes over 12 different products!
- Two words: Lightweight and portable!
- All of our products are Made in the USA, a distinction our customers appreciate.
- Competition does not have it in stock? We do!
- Accent Rings
- Button Design CDs
- Button Machines
- Button Makers
- Badge-a-Minit Parts
- Badgeaminit Supplies
- Button Design Software
- Circle Cutters
- Ceramic Magnets
- Complete Button Maker Systems
- Custom Button Supplies
- High Volume Cutters
- Key Chain Buttons
- Mag Tags
- Mirror Back Buttons
- Punch Cutters
- Peel-n-Stick Magnets
- Rosette Buttons
- Photo Button Capabilities
- Portable Mounted Button Systems
- Badge a Minit Parts
- 1" Button Accessories