American Button Machine Review of Flashing LED ButtonsOne of our coolest new products is the ability to add a flashing LED to any button. The smallest button size the LED will fit on is a 1.5” button. The Greatness of Flashing LED Buttons There are several pros involved in the creation of a flashing LED button:
- They are incredibly energy efficient, which means that the lights on your buttons will last a looooooong time. In fact, our LED assembly comes with two long-life LR41 coin batteries.
- You can add two, three, or four LEDs to a single button depending on its size. The 3” and 3.5” buttons offer you the most flexibility regarding the light’s placement.
- Our flashing LED assembly units each come with a safety pin, which makes it easy to attach your flashing LED button to your clothes or accessories.
How To Add A Flashing LED To A ButtonWe’ve created this simple-to-follow instructional video to illustrate how easy it is to add a bit of pizazz to your button.
*****If you prefer reading instructions, here’s the rundown.
- Create a collet button using a button machine as you normally would.
- Using our metal craft punch, punch a 1/8” hole through the selected button where you’d like the flashing LED to shine through.
- Then, take the LED assembly and remove the tape backing.
- Carefully apply the sticky side of the LED assembly to the back of the button. The LED should be sticking through the hole you just punched.
- Next, remove the plastic safety.
- Now, you’re ready to hit the magic switch – the on/off button.
Bottom LineIf you’re looking for something new to add to your creative arsenal, then a flashing light is just what the button doctor ordered. By Brighid Brown, Director of Blogging and All Things Cool at ABM
Share this post