Why Was My Credit Card Declined?
First and foremost, we want your business! Our company does not decline your debit or credit card; that is the responsibility of the issuing bank.
The most common reason for a credit card decline is accidentally entering incorrect billing or security information. If only a single digit is entered incorrectly, your transaction will be declined.
Here are the top 5 reasons for a bank to decline a transaction.
• Incorrect billing street address
• Incorrect billing zip code • Incorrect CVV security code
• Incorrect credit card number
• Incorrect expiration date
•Credit card expired
Here are 3 more reasons your bank may choose to decline a transaction.
• Making an international purchase
• Your bank triggered fraud protection
• Reached credit limit
What do I do if my card was declined?
•First, check that you entered the correct billing information shown above. That solves 99% of all issues.
• If you still cannot place an online order, please contact us and we can see if a data entry error occurred.
• Contact the card’s issuing bank and ask them why they are declining your card.
Attention Debit Card Users:
If you choose to use a debit card your bank will put an automatic hold or “authorization” on your bank account for the amount of the purchase. If your card is declined, some banks will keep the hold on those funds and then automatically release the funds after a predetermined time. For example, if you enter 5 orders on a website (anyone’s website) for a $100 purchase and each one is declined for some reason, it is possible for your bank to put a $500 hold on your account. We have no control over this so please contact us if you are using a debit card that is declined and we will be happy to assist you with any transaction.